Monday, July 21, 2014

Jason Biggs on Malaysia Airlines Tweet: 'I've Learned My Lesson and I'd Like to Move On'


Jason Biggs repeated his apology for his controversial tweet on The View, published after a Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 298 people went down over Ukraine on Thursday.

"Anyone wanna buy my Malaysian Airlines frequent flier miles?" he tweeted. He then deleted it and followed up with an apology.

"I made a tweet the other day, and I'd just like to say a few words on it," Biggs said first thing on Monday morning while co-hosting the ABC show. He explained that afterward, he received a ton of feedback on Twitter, including one that rang too true to the Orange Is the New Black actor's controversial situation. "There was one line, an old adage: 'Never attribute to malice that which is explained by stupidity.' "

"I certainly meant no harm; there was no malice, but I was stupid," he continued. "It was poorly timed. I've always tried to find the humor in situations … it's a knee-jerk reaction for me, it's how I cope."

When asked by The View's Jenny McCarthy why he decided to retract his tweets and issue an apology, he explained, "I just knew when I put it out and the reaction from people. I also wasn't aware of the extent and magnitude of what had happened. I didn't think. … I have nothing but sympathy for the victims and their families. I've learned my lesson, and I'd like to move on."

And why didn't Whoopi Goldberg preface Biggs' televised apology for viewers? "The reason I didn't say what it was is because it's not as important as what he had to say," she explained.

Watch the video below....

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...