Thursday, August 7, 2014

Landon Donovan To Retire From U.S. Soccer

 

U.S. soccer legend Landon Donovan is hanging up his spikes ... announcing he'll retire after the MLS season.

Donovan announced the decision on his Facebook page, writing, "After careful deliberation and after many conversations with those closest to me, I have decided that this will be my last season as a professional soccer player."

Donovan, who many consider the best player in the history of American soccer, says although he spent half his life in the sport, he's looking forward to a "new chapter" -- which some think means a trip to the broadcast booth.

U.S. Soccer coach Jurgen Klinsmann stirred up controversy earlier this year when he left Donovan off the World Cup roster. Despite the snub, Donovan says, "I will do everything I can to help the continued growth of soccer in the United States."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...