Monday, September 12, 2011

Miss Universe 2011 is Miss Leila Lopes From Angola


Miss Angola Leila Lopes was crowned Miss Universe 2011 Monday night. She succeeded Mexico's Ximena Navarrete, who was Miss Universe 2010.

The 25-year-old business student is the first Miss Universe winner from Angola, beating out 88 other contestants for the title.

When asked what physical trait she would change for her final question, Lopes replied, "Thank God I'm very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn't change a thing. I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life."

Throughout the competition, Lopes showed beauty and poise. Her evening gown was a sparkling gold and silver creation with feather details.

Miss Ukraine Olesia Stefanko was first runner-up, followed by Miss Philippines and Miss China. Miss USA, Alyssa Campanella, placed in the top 15. The U.S. last won the title in 1997.

The pageant marked its 60th anniversary this year.

 CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...