Monday, December 5, 2011

Giuliana Rancic To Have Double Mastectomy


Giuliana Rancic has decided to undergo a double mastectomy -- after a lumpectomy failed to clear her of breast cancer.

The E! News host revealed the news this morning on "Today," telling Ann Curry "For me, it was very important to just get the cancer out."

"That's what I wanted to do. Just get it out. With the double mastectomy I have less than 1 percent chance of getting it (the cancer) back. With the lumpectomy, radiation and medication, I could have seen 20 to 30 to 40 percent chance in my lifetime, and for me it just wasn't worth it."

With husband Bill Rancic by her side, she continued "lt was a very hard decision to come to. But in the end what happened was, Bill said to me, 'I just need you around for the next 50 years, kid. I don't care what you look like, I don't care about the physical portion of this, I just need you around for the next 50 years. So let's just get you healthy.'"

Rancic will have immediate reconstruction surgery following the operation.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...