Monday, January 9, 2012

Charlie Sheen Tells Reporters He's "Not Crazy Anymore", Begins Casting For New Show


After spending time with ex-wife Denise Richards and their daughters Sam and Lola over the holidays, Charlie Sheen is ready to get back to work!

At last night's Fox TCAs, Sheen told reporters that he's in a much better place mentally and he's eager to get started on his new show, Anger Management. "I'm not crazy any more. That was an episode," Sheen said. "I think I'm a different person than I was yesterday. Everything is a lot more mellow and focused and much more rooted in reality."

Anger Management begins shooting in March, and though Sheen and his co-producers have yet to cast the major roles on the show, showrunner Bruce Helford told the press, “Everyone in the world calls to say they want to do that show. Everyone wants to come in and play a therapy patient.” As for Sheen’s character, it will be “considerably more complex” than any of his previous roles, according to Helford. Sheen added to THR, "I just wanted to do a show and play a character that dealt with more mature themes and stuff that actually exists in the real world. A lot of times on the other show I felt like we were servicing the comedy and not allowing it to come out of character situations."

"I've been at this 30 years," Sheen continued. "It's nice to be in a situation where the people I'm working with are excited about my input. That wasn't the case for a long time." While that seems like a bit of a dig at his former Two and a Half Men crew, Sheen isn't opposed to making peace with former boss Chuck Lorre. "At some point we are going to have to get some closure there," he added.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...