Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Alison Sweeney Leaving 'Days of Our Lives' After 21 Years


The days of Alison Sweeney as Sami Brady are coming to an end.

The 37-year-old actress, who has starred in the NBC soap opera "Days of Our Lives" for the last 21 years, has decided to part ways from the show.

"I'm celebrating my 21st year … and I decided that it's going to be my last year with the show," she says. "I have worked so much, and my daughter just turned 5 and my son is 9, and I just want to be with them," she adds.

There's no specific timetable for Sami's sendoff, nor does Sweeney know what will happen to her character.

"It would be awesome to have some kind of happy ending," she says. "But then, I also think Sami probably deserves some sort of very twisted, like Breaking Bad ending."

Sweeney says she's never had more than a two-week vacation since joining Days in January 1993. And of course, things have gotten even more hectic since she became the host of The Biggest Loser in 2007.

"For seven years I've done both shows," she says. "I'm really just excited to be with my kids and be with my husband and, I don't know, have fun. And I write. My second book's coming out. I love directing and just, you know, finding things to do."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...