Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Angelina Jolie Reveals She Might Be Getting Into Politics


Angelina Jolie recently revealed that she's stepping back from acting, and while she's been spending more time behind the camera as a director, it seems as though she could be making a move into politics!

The 39-year-old Oscar winner sat down for a chat with ITV News, and after discussing her role as an ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, she revealed that she'd like to do more.

Jolie said:

    "I've always gone where I thought I was needed and when I was working with the UN I was working in the field. I felt I was needed in the field. Then I realized I was only so useful in the field because then somebody had to go to Washington and plead the case, so then I would do that. I don't know what that means or where that will lead me."
     
When reporter Julie Etchingham asked if politics was a possibility, Jolie replied, "If I felt I could really make a difference, yes."

Jolie continued, "We have overall a failing of international leadership when we have 51 million people displaced from conflict, more people displaced than since after World War II, when we have completely open-ended conflicts, when we have crises like Syria. We seem to be completely unable to handle it and make ground and help all of the people who are starving and dying at the moment — I think clearly if you look around the world you can say that we simply are not doing enough."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...