Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Single Mom Hilary Duff Looks Happier Than Ever After Filing For Divorce


Hilary Duff recently tossed in the towel on her marriage to Mike Comrie, but there are certainly no breakup blues here! On Monday we snapped the 27-year-old starlet grocery shopping in Beverly Hills, and from the smile on her face to her calm demeanor, she seemed totally fine.

Duff filed for divorce from Comrie less than two weeks ago, which was almost exactly a year after the two announced that they were separating. Duff cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split, and she's asking for primary custody of the couple's 2-year-old son Luca.

Hil covers the new issue of Cosmopolitan, and in it she dishes all the deets on her ill-fated union. "Mike and I were very in love when we met," she tells the mag. "We both really wanted to get married. I'd been working since the age of 11 or 12, so making that choice at a young age seemed right for me. Maybe it wasn't, but we spent the majority of our time together really happy. It wasn't working well enough to stay together, but there was still a lot of love involved. It was just a slow set-in of us not being the match that we used to be. I'm lucky for the person he is and I am and how we decided to handle this."

The singer/actress continued, "I don't want to sound bitter because I'm definitely not, but I don't know if people are meant to be together forever. Things happen over a long relationship that you can't always fight. A marriage of 20 years, the accomplishment of that must feel really great, but there are also huge sacrifices. I just always want to fight for happiness."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...