Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Adam Sandler On Why He Won’t Host ‘SNL’: ‘Why Should I?’


While on the road to promote his latest film “Blended,” Adam Sandler made an appearance on Norm Macdonald’s “Norm Macdonald Live” podcast and dished on why he won’t return to host “Saturday Night Live” and his departure from the variety skein.

“Why should I?” Sandler replied when asked why he won’t host. “I don’t know how good it would be. I’m slow now.”

Even when prodded by Macdonald, Sandler remained adamant that he’s done with the program.

“There are guys who love doing it — who are great at doing it,” Sandler told Macdonald. “I just don’t know how good I’d be doing it. I did what I can do on the show.”

Fellow “SNL” alum Macdonald also brought up the rumor that Eddie Murphy won’t host the show because of David Spade, but when asked about his departure from the show the multi-hyphenate simply responded, “I don’t know what happened.”

Sandler was fired from “SNL” in 1995 and former “Weekend Update” anchor Macdonald was also rumored to have been cut from the program when he left in 1997.

Watch the full interview below....

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...