Saturday, November 2, 2013

Cher On Her 'Dancing With the Stars' Judging Gig: 'I Have No Idea What I'm Doing'


When Cher appears on the Nov. 4th episode of "Dancing With the Stars," make no mistake about it: The usually confident superstar will be battling butterflies in her stomach.

In a press call with reports, the pop icon talked about her upcoming guest judging stint on the TV dancing competition (she'll be filling in for head judge Len Goodman), and revealed that she's nervous about the live show — perhaps even more than the celebrity dancers are.

"I'm so not qualified to be judging on a technical basis, because I don't know really anything about ballroom dancing," she said. "And I don't want to be responsible in any kind of way for… just the fact that someone happens to be there the night that I'm there, I don't want anyone to not have all the breaks they would have [with] someone with expertise … That's a little frightening."

She added: "I know that people take this seriously, and I feel [great] about all the rest of it, I'm confident … I just don't want to be responsible for someone getting a different mark than a professional would give them. So I am a little bit worried about that part."

While the Grammy winning singer said she was given a huge manual to help her out, her son Chaz -- who competed on the 13th season of the show -- has already given her a heads up on how seriously the celebrity contestants take the competition, and has even offered to tutor her. "He's coming to give me tips!" she said.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...