Friday, July 22, 2011

J.K. Rowling: 'Never say never' to more 'Potter'


Although J.K. Rowling has said that the story of Harry Potter ends with the seventh book, she’s reserving the right to change her mind and extend the story.

The 45-year-old author told the enormous crowd gathered for the world premiere of “Deathly Hallows: Part 2” in London Thursday that she has no immediate plans to resurrect Potter's tale, but also that one should “never say never.”

Rowling says -- “It is my baby and if I want to bring it out to play again, I will.”

Indeed, the final “Harry Potter” premiere was a bittersweet moment for the author, as she told BBC News that the franchise has changed her personally.

“You know honestly, if someone told me this is coming, I might’ve said, I can’t do that. I’ve really come out of my shell,” she said. “I was not someone who was a natural public speaker and and I was not very comfortable with this sort of thing. It’s just as well that I got introduced to it by degrees.”

“I think I always felt I didn’t want to publish again until the last film was out. I’ve been writing hard ever since I finished writing 'Hallows,' but I will publish again,” she says. “In a sense it’s a beginning for me as well as an end.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...