Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sigourney Weaver Wants to Make Another Alien Movie


I could kick that alien’s ass again,” she says....

Sigourney Weaver has revealed that she would still be interested in reprising her most famous role – alien-zapping heroine Ellen Ripley – for another Alien movie. The actress last played the character in 1997’s Alien Resurrection, a film that was not held in massively high regard by the critics.

Weaver has spoken intermittently over the years about returning for a fifth Alien film that would return to the planet first glimpsed in 1979’s Alien - though that has yet to come to fruition.

“I could definitely kick that alien's ass again,” Weaver says. “While I can't speak for them, I think for [20th Century] Fox, once you're 60, you're not going to be starring in an action movie.

“I think it's too bad that that's the case. I would have liked to do one last story where we go back to the planet, where Ripley's history is resolved. But I do feel like her story is unfinished.”

Weaver is not a part of Ridley Scott’s Alien spin-off Prometheus, which reportedly returns to the planet with the crashed spaceship featured in the first Alien. Which all but renders Weaver's idea for an Alien 5 obsolete...

Source: TotalFilm.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...