Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jennifer Lopez: Marc Anthony Was Not the 'Right Thing' For Me

 CLICK PICTURE TO ENLARGE

Jennifer Lopez is opening up and expressing herself about the end of her marriage -- talking about her split from Marc Anthony for the first time in the September issue of Vanity Fair.

“That was my biggest dream, and I really worked hard at it. We both did,” Lopez says in her first interview since the split. “Sometimes it doesn’t work—and that’s sad. But I remain an eternal optimist about love. I believe in love.”

J.Lo continues, “It’s still my biggest dream. I am positive -- determined to move forward with my life, bring up my babies, and do the best job I can as a mother, entertainer, and person. I now look forward to new challenges. I feel strong.”

On her relationship with Marc, she says "Sometimes we don’t realize that we are compromising ourselves. To understand that a person is not good for you, or that person is not treating you in the right way, or that he is not doing the right thing for himself -- if I stay, then I am not doing the right thing for me. I love myself enough to walk away from that now.”

Besides the breakup she still had good things to say about her ex, telling the magazine "I will always respect Marc as a singer and performer. We actually work great together, and he was always very supportive. Together we could make magic happen -- and we did. He will always be in our lives. He will always hold a special place in my heart as the father of my children.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...