Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mel Gibson's Gay Brother Defends Him


Mel Gibson has been called anti-Semitic and homophobic, but his brother, who is gay, is defending the actor.
"I've never heard anything anti-gay come out of his mouth," says Andrew Gibson, 43, of Mel, 55, in an interview with The Sunday Times.

"When I heard them (the accusations) I just thought, 'That isn't Mel.' ... He has never said anything abusive, aggressive or racist in his life. ... I just had to turn the TV off and turn it to the wall for two weeks so I didn't have to listen. The rest of the family did the same."

"He never meant to upset anyone," Andrew says "I have never once heard anything anti-gay come out of his mouth."

Andrew told the Times that when he came out age 22, it was "terrifying," but Mel was there for him, telling Andrew:"It's not my choice, but I love you and you're my brother."

Years ago, when promoting Braveheart, Gibson infamously said, " ... with this look, who’s going to think I’m gay? It would be hard to take me for someone like that. Do I sound like a homosexual? Do I talk like them? Do I move like them?”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...